Dark lips is a major problem causing concern to many women and men. If the care is not good enough or irrelevantly solved, the lips will become darker making it look ugly and undermining the beauty of your face. Lips colors normally range from bright pink, red to dark. Change in lips color is individual characteristics such as people with dark skin are likely to have darker lips than whites. It also depends on age and environmental conditions. Nature has determined that when you’re getting older your lips begins to grow dark as well as other parts of the skin.
Avoid chemicals or stimuli which are the root cause of the dark lips problem dry, cracked and flaky. Solution is not difficult; just follow the instructions below;
1.Drink lots of water in enough amounts to provide adequate moisture to every part of the skin including lips because as the age increase, cells in the body retain less moisture.
2. Rinse the mouth thoroughly after eating fruits and vegetables.
3. Change foaming toothpaste with very spicy taste to the brand that has fewer bubbles and less spicy or kids toothpaste Or may be apply white Vaseline before brushing to prevent lips interference from toothpaste foaming. If there is no white Vaseline, baby oil may be used.
4. Do not lick your lips, even if it keeps lips moist (temporarily). However, when the moisture evaporates, the lips will become drier.
5. Frequently apply white Vaseline to the lips instead of too hard or dry lip gloss. Alternatively, use a lip balm with natural substances and sunscreen.
6. Laser treatment is most effective treatment that is currently available by using standard laser.All symptoms can be treated by laser that destroys abnormal pigments such as Q-Switch Ruby Laser. In general, the treatment lasts only 1-3 times to see the results. The result will be much less depending on the individual. Prior to the treatment, anesthetic will be applied on the lips. During the treatment, you will feel like a slingshot on the lips. After shooting, the mouth is slightly swollen and become flaky in 2-3 days. Flakes begin to peel, revealing pink skin, within 1 week. The doctor will make an appointment to see the outcome and repeat treatment in the next 7-10 days.
Wutinan Sithipolvanichgul, MD
Specialized in Dermatologic Surgery and Laser
- Dermatologist, MSc UK
- Specialized in Dermatologic Surgery and Laser
- Member of American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Master class: Surgical Laser Procedures and Pigmented Laser in Amsterdam, the Netherlands
- Education in laser from such medical professional as Richard Rox Anderson M.D., who has been praised for his expertise in the global skin laser.